If you had read my previous post that is on My First Experience with Web hosting , you will come to know that I hosted my domain on 000webhost.com and using there free service. As i promised in my previous post that very soon I will write a post on steps on how to install wordpress script on 000webhost.com . So, here is the post.
For my domain I thought I will start with wordpress platform and its underlying services. So, for those who don’t know what exactly wordpress is and what it provides , they can visit here.
Below is the step by step guide that you have to follow to configure WordPress with your 000webhost.com account.
Assumption : You had already purchased a domain and hosted it on 000webhost.com. If you are facing any problem in hosting your domain at 000webhost.com , please refer my earlier post on same Host your domain on 000webhost.com.
- Download the wordpress pack from here. Make sure that you are downloading the .tar.gz format because its size is 4.8 MB and 000webhost only supports to upload files whose size in less than 5 MB.
- Login to your 000webhost.com account with your credentials.
- Once successfully logged in , click on the Go to cPanel link.
- After navigation , look for “My SQL ” and click the same . Create a new database by filling in the required fields, such as: MySQL database name, the MySQL user name, password for the MySQL user, enter the password again. Remember the database name with the user name is filled with the same data. Make sure you have notedown these details somewhere as you are going to need the same in next steps.
- Once database creation is done , come back on the cPanel page and look for “File Manager” on the page. Click on this link and then you will see a directory structure whose root is a folder with name “public_html”.
- Click on upload button and browse to your computer location where you had downloaded the tar file in step 1. Now click on the green tick. After few minute all the files will be uploaded.
- If the upload is complete, please return to the public HTML pages, but do not use the back button on your browser, use the back button on web pages.
- After returning to the “public html”, please look for “wp-config-sample.php”, replace with the name to “wp-config.php”.
- Now edit the same file i.e wp-config.php and add your database information that you got from step 4. Replace the below mentioned values.
// ** MySQL settings – You can get this info from your web host ** //
/** The name of the database for WordPress */
define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘putyourdbnamehere’);/** MySQL database username */
define(‘DB_USER’, ‘usernamehere’);/** MySQL database password */
define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘yourpasswordhere’);/** MySQL hostname */
- Save it.
- Now open your domain url like www.yoursite.com/wordpress/wp-admin and start the installation process. Before starting installation process make sure you have created a new user in MySQL database because you need them during wordpress installation and that’s it you have successfully installed wordpress.
Thats all we are done here . In simple 11 steps you can easily configure wordpress into your 000webhost account.
Hope this post will be useful to newbies , if having anydoubt in any of the steps , please leave a comment , I will be glad to help you .
Latest posts by Saurabh Jain (see all)
- java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TaskInputOutputContext, but class was expected - August 8, 2014
- org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.exceptions.MappedDatastoreException: INSERT INTO “TABLE_PARAMS” – Hive with Kite Morphlines - July 17, 2014
- java.io.IOException: can not read class parquet.format.PageHeader: null – Hive - July 12, 2014