From last 2 days i was struggling to resolve memory issues((php memory error with wordpress)) that I am facing whenver i am trying to install any new plugin in my wordpress theme hosted on 000webhost.com. As I am a new bie to this web hosting world i thought it might be a good start to begin with free web hosting providers like 000webhost.com , but now I am thinking that my decision was wrong because it is not going to help me in long run and most of time will be wasted in resolving these stupid errors. Anyways I have decided that I will move my blog to some paid webhosting services provider like bluehost.com , hostgator.com (which one I will choose is not yet decided) , but I will keep everyone posted once i succesfully moved to them.
Anyways the reason behind writing this post is to put my two days research on the error (php memory error with wordpress) on my blog so that it might be useful for others. First let me show you what type of error message I was getting whenever i was trying to install new plugin.
Error Message : “Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /home/axxxxxxx/public_html/wp-admin/includes/theme.php on line 1″
I am pissed of these errors and as said earlier I am moving out from this server.
(Nothing is free in this world )
Below are some of the tips that you can use to avoid the above error message , but again nothing is guaranteed.
- Remove all the plugins from …/wp-content/plugins folder and then try to install them again 1 by 1. I know it will piss you but it worked sometime for me.
- If you have an access of PHP.ini file of the account/server then change the line in PHP.ini where line shows 32M to 256M:
memory_limit = 256M; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (64MB). I tried to did the same but i was not able to find this file, so i talked to my service provider and i got a very strange answer from them (why u need that file ?) .
- Now if second option failed in your case then try to find .htaccess file in your public_html folder and modify it to upgrade your memory limitations. Add this line of code at the begining . php_value memory_limit 256M This thing worked in my case but after few days same problem started occuring again.
- If option 3rd also didn’t work for you try this last step also .Add this line to your wp-config.php file to increase allocated memory to PHP:
define(’WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’); In my case this option also get failed.
So , if after trying all the above steps your problem still persists, then a friendly suggestion first try to talk to your service provider (if they can help you in solving your problem ) or change the service provider that I am going to do very soon.
If anybody faces the same problem earlier then please share your experience and thoughts on the same (Memory Error with WordPress and 000Webhost).
Latest posts by Saurabh Jain (see all)
- java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TaskInputOutputContext, but class was expected - August 8, 2014
- org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.exceptions.MappedDatastoreException: INSERT INTO “TABLE_PARAMS” – Hive with Kite Morphlines - July 17, 2014
- java.io.IOException: can not read class parquet.format.PageHeader: null – Hive - July 12, 2014